Thursday, November 6, 2008

pourquoi je ne suis pas francaise?







i've always had this bizarre obsession with all things french, culture, language, music, people and definitely the city of paris. freshman year of high school i was frustrated with the fact that i couldn't just become french? and i guess i could get citizenship there, become fluent, change my name to Audrey Tautou, and live their for the rest of my life...but i figured that would be kinda lame ass to ignore my Italian Greek roots. I am what I am I should love where I come from, but I'll always wanna be "french." here are some of my favorite french women including eva green, catherine deneuve, vanessa paradis, audrey tautou, my ex- french exchange student Alexane Matszeraka (who I will always be friends) with and one of my best friends of all time..Eloise Frolet (don't kill me for picking this photo..you're just such a skateboard chick i thought it was necesssary :)

1 comment :

TheMinx said...

I understand completely! I was born in Paris, although I'm not French, and have had an obsession with France ever since I can remember. I moved back to the US when I was still a baby, but I made it my business to learn to speak French, just because I love everything about the country and the culture so much!

Cute blog, btw :)

ShareThis